May 11, 2014

One Month In

Much like the way I pay my rent, my recap of the Get Dressed Project's first month is late. I wanted to do this on the first, but I also wanted to post photos of what I wore everyday on the day it happened. As is obviously judging by the blank spaces here and there, that hasn't happened. It's not that the project is going to end up incomplete, it's just that for several days I've ended up writing down what I wore so that I can go back and take pictures later. I was fine with this happening going in, but it was supposed to be a now-and-then thing so I wouldn't have so much pressure on myself. Instead it's become a too common of an occurrence on weekdays and I pretty much just end up taking photos of myself actually wearing the clothes on the weekends. I want to change this because I think the whole thing will be more fun and actually a challenge which is part of why I started this in the first place. Right now it feels more like a burden, like, "Oh shit. I have to take photos of like ten days of outfits now and the weather is always crappy and the lighting in my apartment blows."

Speaking of, one of the main things I've learned so far is that taking pictures outside is a million times better than taking them inside. Especially with the not-so-great camera I have. 

I mean, just look at this:


Compared to this:


Also, I've learned that I wear those K-Mart flats and camo pointy-toe flats all the time. Like, ALL THE TIME. And that I squint a lot in pictures. And that I tend to not wear things I like unless I have a "reason" to (going out to dinner, on the weekend, etc.) which is stupid because the reason should be that I like feeling good and not sitting around in a t-shirt and whatever pair of shorts is closest. Ugh, but it's just so easy sometimes. 

So... things I hope to do going forward: Take more pictures outside. Take pictures on the actual day. Write blog posts that aren't just about the Get Dressed Project like I used to. (This one is particularly difficult since I spend 9-5 of every weekday staring at a computer screen.) Write the month-long recap on the first of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment